Become a Real Estate Agent
Pacific-Realtors.net is always looking for highly motivated, hard working real estate agents to join our firm. Given that most agents spend minimal time in the office, you can be located almost anywhere in California.
If you are interested in obtaining a real estate license, Pacific-Realtors.net can assist you with low cost classes through firsttuesday and no-cost, high quality mentoring. We also have our own Crash Course.
All new real estate agents are assigned a mentor and receive extensive training both in the office and in the field. A knowledgeable, experienced, financially successful senior agent will be available 24/7 to help you and will be available to meet with you and prospective clients as needed.
How to Obtain Your California Real Estate License
In order to become a licensed real estate agent in California, you must be at least 18 years old, successfully complete the 135-hour pre licensing education requirement through an approved school, be fingerprinted, pass a background check, be a citizen of the United States, and pass the California salesperson licensing exam.
The management of Pacific-Realtors.net strongly recommends that those wanting to become licensed real estate agents, take the courses offered by firsttuesday, including their real estate license exam crash course. We also recommend that you take the free real estate license crash course offered by our firm.
The steps to become licensed as a real estate agent are as follows:
- Complete the qualifying courses including: (1) Real Estate Principles, (2) Real Estate Practice, and (3) One other course from a list provided.
- After completing the three required real estate courses, you must apply for the state exam. The application must be sent to the ORE with the required fee and Fingerprint Live Scan Service Request.
- Take the First Tuesday crash course and the Pacific-Realtors.net free crash course.
- Take the exam. A 70% minimum score is required.
Once you have a real estate license, you should start taking CAR Educational Courses.
Please do not hesitate to call Michael Chulak if you have any questions about the process or about our company.
Prospective Real Estate Agents
PacificRealtors.net, established in 1987, is seeking real estate agents located throughout California. All new agents are assigned a mentor and receive extensive training both in the office and in the field. A knowledgeable, experienced, and financially successful senior agent will be available 24/7 to help you and will be available to meet with you and prospective clients in need of real estate services.
Reasons to Become a Real Estate Agent
The most common reasons people become real estate agents are:
- Selling real estate is an opportunity to build a profitable business of your own as an independent contractor that you can grow as large as you want dependent only upon your willingness to work hard, to learn the business, follow proven marketing techniques, and provide excellent service. While the law requires real estate agents to work under a broker, the broker's responsibility is limited to legal supervision. The broker is not your boss.
- While there is no substitute for hard work, real estate professionals, as independent contractors, establish their own work schedules, and develop their own clients. Your time belongs to you giving you maximum freedom. You can work as much or as little as you want, but your success will depend on your willingness to work hard and efficiently.
- Selling real estate provides a realistic opportunity to earn a high income that is limited only by your commitment to industry education, marketing, and client service.
- Your business can be as large as you want by adding assistants or developing a team of agents that work for you under the same broker. Your income potential is unlimited.
- Your business puts you into a position to help people with important decisions. Helping a client buy their first home, or their dream home, or sell their property is both highly rewarding and profitable. Helping a renter acquire their own home is especially rewarding.
- If you are intending to invest in real estate, there is no better way to find bargains than be involved in the industry.