Frequently Asked Questions - Property Management

Serving Southern California Since 1987


Q. How long has been in business?

A. The firm started doing business in 1987, but the broker for the firm, Michael Chulak,

has been licensed as a real estate broker since 1971.


Q. Why should I select to manage my rental properties?

A. The management of Pacific-Realtors. net will provide you with high quality advice

that will save you money while protecting your interests. Michael Chulak, who

provides property management training to our staff, became a real estate broker in

1971, a Certified Property Manager (CPM®) in 1979, a licensed general contractor

in 1979, and an attorney in 1998. The high-quality advice we provide our property

management clients separate us from other management companies. We do our

very best to protect our clients while providing excellent management services. We

have been serving clients since 1987.


Q. Does use an in-house accounting staff to prepare monthly

financial reports for its property management clients, or an outside

accounting firm?

A. Our firm has a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), but uses an outside firm to perform

bookkeeping services for property management clients. The outside company

reports to our CFO.


Q. If I sign a management agreement with you to manage my rental home and

decide to sell it, am I required to list it for sale with your company?

A. No. You are not required to list the property for sale with us, but we hope and expect

that you will want to do so. When selling leased rental homes, we are usually able to

save our management clients' money. Please read: How

Saves You Money When You Sell Your Rental Home.


Q. How is able to manage rental homes for a maximum flat

fee of $150 per month when other management companies charge far more?

A. We are highly organized and very efficient. We also maximize the use of technology.

Our firm has been providing management, leasing and sales services for our clients

since 1987. A fee of $150 per month covers our costs and a modest profit. Owners

of rental homes should never pay more than $150 per month for property

management services.


Q. Will I be required pay at the rate of $150 per month if my rental home is


A. If you sign a management agreement with us and hire us to lease your vacant rental

home, the $150 per month fee will start when the lease becomes effective. After

that, if the property became vacant, the $150 per month will be charged.


Q. I currently have a real estate company managing my rental home.

How do I transfer the property management responsibility to your company?

A. It's easy. Send an email giving them the required notice of termination and sign a

management agreement with to commerce the day after the

expiration of their services. We will handle everything directly with them, obtaining

any necessary documents such as the lease, lease application, credit file, and

any correspondence.


Q. What services do you perform when managing a rental home for a client?

A. Please refer to: Summary of Services Performed for Rental Home Clients.

If requested, we can perform nearly any services that you may need.


Q. Can I refuse to accept pets in my rental properties?

A. Absolutely. Most of our property management clients do not accept pets, but the

decision is always yours.


Q. If I decide not to accept pets and my tenants get a pet, what can I do?

A. A material breach of the lease can result in your providing the tenant with a notice

to remove the pet or vacant your rental property. If the tenant refuses to give up the

pet, you can either accept the fact or proceed to evict them.


Q. Can I prohibit my tenants from smoking in my rental homes?

A. Absolutely. Most owners prohibit tenants from smoking in their rental properties

due to the cost of eliminating the strong odor caused by smoke. We strongly

recommend that you prohibit smoking in your lease agreements.


Q. Will I be able to reach my property manager after hours and on weekends?

A. Yes. You will be provided his or her cell phone and an emergency phone number

that is monitored by one of the owners.


Q. has an excellent website and reputation, but I noticed that

you are not listed as a "Top Realtor" on any of the websites that recommend

"Top Agents" in Agoura Hills, Oak Park, Westlake Village and other nearby

communities. Can you explain why you are not listed as a top real estate

agent or broker on any of these websites?

A. Yes. The websites are advertising websites where real estate brokers and agents

pay to be listed as a 'top agent'", "best agent", or "top rated agent". When you

receive a referral from one of these of these websites, what you are getting is a real estate

agent that was willing to pay for advertising on that site. There is of course, nothing

wrong with advertising. Nearly every real estate brokerage firm and agent advertises

in one form or another. Some use these paid referral sites, and others like Pacific-, use other means to attract clients such as our own websites,

our signs which can be seen throughout Southern California, direct mail marketing,

and referrals. Referrals come from satisfied clients, referral agents, and other brokers.


Q. Does recommend that buyers of real estate utilize the

services of a mortgage broker, a commercial bank, or a credit union?

A. While mortgage brokers have differing levels of knowledge and experience, and

some have better reputations for performance, a good mortgage broker can nearly

always outperform a commercial bank or credit union when it comes to originating

real estate loans. The reason is simple. Mortgage brokers develop multiple sources

of mortgage loans, provided by wholesale lenders, allowing them to shop for their

clients in order to obtain the best loans available.


Q. Does your firm ever joint venture the purchase of investment properties with


A. Yes. We will consider the joint venture of homes, rental homes, apartments,

commercial properties, and land. Call Michael Chulak to discuss a potential joint

purchase of any type of real estate.


Q. Can a non-citizen own real estate in the United States?

A. Absolutely. Whether you are a citizen or a non-citizen, we would be pleased to help

you purchase a home, land, or any other real estate.


Q. When I sell my house, I intend to move out of California and retire. Can you

refer me to a reliable, knowledgeable real estate agent?

A. Almost always.


Q. I would like to start a career in real estate. Do you have any suggestions?

A. You have already made a good start by visiting our website. You will need to

take certain required courses which you can take through First Tuesday. They are

an excellent company and you can contact them through our site. They will give you

a discounted price when you contact them through They also

offer an excellent, prelicensing exam crash course which we highly recommend.

Our firm also offers a real estate licensing crash course which is absolutely free.

Information is on this site.


After you pass the state exam, we would like to meet with you in person if you are in

Southern California or via Zoom if you are not local. After learning more about you

and your career goals, we will assign a mentor to you and will provide you with

excellent training. Of course, you many contact us at any stage or at any time. Please

ask for Michael Chulak.


Q. I would like to join your real estate company but I live very far from your

corporate office in Agoura Hills. Can I work from my home in Northern

California if I join

A. Yes. It is not necessary to work from Agoura Hills. Today, most real estate

agents do most of their work from their home.


Q. I am a very successful real estate agent with a dedicated team located

within ten miles of Agoura Hills. Will you consider opening a office for my team?

A. Yes, assuming you have a proven record of success over a period of at least

two years.


Q. Does the opportunity exist within your firm for a successful Realtor to

become a part owner of the company?

A. Yes.


Q. Is interested in acquiring small independent real

estate brokerage firms in Southern California?

A. Yes. Please call to discuss.


Q. How much are real property taxes in California and how are they


A. Real estate taxes in California consist the 1% rate established by

Proposition 13 in 1978 plus voter approved debt and district levies.

Voter approved debt and districit levies vary, but average about .25%

for a total average tax of 1.25% of the fair market value. This is an

estimate only.